- 1 How To Save passwords in google chrome?
- 2 View Passwords Saved In Google Chrome In A Desktop
- 3 Viewing Passwords Saved In Google Chrome In A Smartphone
- 4 The ‘Never Saved’ List On Chrome
- 5 How To Export The Passwords Saved In The Chrome?
- 6 Export The Passwords Saved In The Chrome On A Desktop
- 7 Exporting The Passwords Saved In The Chrome On An Android Phone:
- 8 Exporting The Passwords Saved In The Chrome On An IPhone:
- 9 How To Edit The Passwords Saved In The Chrome?
- 10 Where Are The Passwords Saved In The Chrome?
Google chrome has this amazing feature in which as soon as you create a new account or sign in into your account it asks you to save the passwords. All of us must have used this feature one or the other time. We forget the password every now and then. The only solution we think for this is to go through the whole ordeal of resetting the new password. So what else can you do? Google chrome is the answer. You can save all your passwords on Google chrome and you can view passwords saved in chrome easily.
We are here to show you how to view passwords saved in google. Before that let’s know how to save passwords in chrome:
How To Save passwords in google chrome?
While entering a new password for any account, chrome automatically generates a pop up asking you whether you would want to save this password for further use. If you opt to save the password, chrome will save it. It might so happen that the pop up won’t appear at all. You might face this issue while saving the password. Follow the following steps to resolve this issue:
- Open the ‘Chrome’ application either on your desktop or on your smartphone.
- On the top right corner of your screen click on ‘Profile’ icon.
- Amongst the options click on ‘Key’ icon on the screen.
- Tap on ‘Offer to save passwords’ option.
We are done. It’s so damn easy to change the settings and view the passwords saved. One thing to be noted here is that you can only view the passwords you have saved and not the ones you haven’t. Read on to know more about passwords saved in chrome:
View Passwords Saved In Google Chrome In A Desktop
The process is same for all the desktops like Windows, Linux, Chrome OS and Mac PC. Follow these steps to know how to view passwords saved in chrome:
- Open ‘Google Chrome’ in your desktop. On the top right corner of the screen, click on the three dots or the menu option.
- Select the ‘Settings’ option. Or you can even enter the link ‘chrome://settings’ in the address bar.
- On the left tap on ‘Autofill’
- Click on ‘Passwords’
- A list of passwords saved in chrome previously will be displayed. Then click on ‘eye’ on it.
- A new window will appear asking you to enter either your ‘Username’ or your ‘Password’ depending upon the OS you are using. Just input the pin.
- Once done, the screen will show you the password for the required account. If you want to hide it again, click on the ‘eye’.
That was about viewing passwords saved in chrome in the desktop. What to do if you are not using a desktop but a smartphone? Here’s how:
Viewing Passwords Saved In Google Chrome In A Smartphone
Viewing passwords saved in chrome in a smartphone is not a difficult process either. The process is the same for both Android phones as well as IOS
- Head over to the Google Chrome application in your phone.
- On the top right corner of the screen you can find the ‘three dots’ or the ‘vertical ellipses’ which will lead to a drop down menu.
- Click on ‘Settings’ option.
- Click on ‘Passwords’
- A list of passwords saved in chrome will appear on the screen. The passwords listed will be the ones that were saved by you. Click on any one of the passwords to view the password.
- Again a security window will open which will ask you to enter your smartphone’s pin. After you enter that, the password will be visible to you.
- Click on done if you want to hide the password again.
The ‘Never Saved’ List On Chrome
Chrome also has this feature where you can opt to never save the password of a particular account. Hence choosing to never have passwords saved in chrome and share any details or credentials. This you may have done knowingly or unknowingly. Now you want to change the settings and remove the website or account from the list. Even that is very simple to do.
- Open ‘Chrome’ application and click on your ‘Profile’ icon on the displayed window.
- You’ll find a ‘Key’ icon on the screen, click on it.
- Find the ‘Never Saved’ section by scrolling down on the screen. You’ll find a list of websites you have selected to never save passwords for.
- Go to the website you want to remove from the list and click on the cross mark next to it.
- Go the website and log in again. Enter the password and a chrome pop up will show up asking you whether you want to save the password. Click on ‘Save’
How To Export The Passwords Saved In The Chrome?
In chrome you can even export all the saved passwords in a CSV file to access them easily. But a word of caution we would like to put in is that keeping this file can be too risky as this file contains all the passwords to all your accounts. If you still want to export the saved passwords in a file you can ensure safety by hiding it or locking the file.
Here’s what you have to do to export the passwords saved in the chrome:
Export The Passwords Saved In The Chrome On A Desktop
- Open the ‘Chrome’ application on your desktop; it can either be a MAC PC, Windows or Linux.
- On the top right hand corner of the screen, click on your ‘Profile’ icon.
- Tap on the ‘Key’ symbol on the screen to open the settings.
- Next to the ‘Saved Passwords’ section you’ll find three vertical dots, click on them.
- Click on ‘Export Passwords’ option.
- In a pop up screen chrome will issue a warning saying that after you export the passwords in a file anyone who can access the file will be to get a hand on your passwords. If you are okay with it then click on ‘Export Passwords’
- A security window will be displayed on the desktop asking you to enter the pin or any password you use to unlock your windows or desktop. Enter the password.
- After this process is finished. Chrome will display the folders where you want to download and save the file in. Select the folder you wish to save the file in and wait for the file to download.
- You can now find the file in the folder you choose in and you’ll find all the passwords in it.
Exporting The Passwords Saved In The Chrome On An Android Phone:
- Open the ‘Chrome’ application on your android phone.
- On the top hand right corner, you’ll find the three vertical dots. Click on it.
- A drop down menu will appear, select ‘Settings’ option.
- Select ‘Passwords’.
- Go to the top hand corner of the screen, click on three vertical dots in the menu to export the passwords.
- A security window will pop up on the screen asking you to enter the security authentication on the phone which might either be a pin or password or fingerprint etc. Then click on ‘Export Passwords’
- A window will appear on the screen asking you to choose where to save the file.
Exporting The Passwords Saved In The Chrome On An IPhone:
- Open the ‘Chrome’ application on your IPhone.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and click on the ‘three horizontal dots’ to load the settings menu.
- Click on ‘Settings’ option and then click on ‘Passwords’.
- In the drop down menu, choose ‘Export Passwords’ option.
- A warning will be issued to you regarding the file, click on ‘Export Passwords’ again to confirm
- As per your phone’s security authentication the screen will ask you either for passcode, pin or Face Id or fingerprint.
- In the next window choose where you want to save the passwords file.
How To Edit The Passwords Saved In The Chrome?
Sometimes it may so happen that you might have changed the password on the website but not on chrome. You might want to change the password on chrome as well. Here’s how to edit the passwords saved in the chrome:
- Open ‘Chrome’ in your device.
- Click on the ‘Profile’ icon on the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Key’ icon
- Then click on the ‘Three vertical dots’ right next to the password you want to change or edit.
- Click on ‘Edit Password’
- Again you’ll be asked for security passage or your passcode or pin.
- Edit and then ‘Save’ the new password.
Where Are The Passwords Saved In The Chrome?
The passwords we save on chrome are stored in the browser itself. They are stored in such a way that a user can easily have access to them. This feature also works on all the synced devices of the user. If you have synced your google account then you can access the passwords on all your google synced devices.
With this feature on the chrome the user can never face the issue of lost password again. Users can rest assured that they have their passwords somewhere saved on the chrome. Now you have all the information about how to view saved passwords in the chrome and all the other stuff as well.